The United States plans to withdraw around 1,000 remaining troops from Syria over the next two months, a media report said on Thursday.
US officials told CBS News that Washington intends to end its roughly decade-long military presence in the country, which has been part of the campaign against the Islamic State (IS).
The security situation in Syria has changed significantly since the collapse of the Assad regime in late 2024.
Syrian officials have not yet commented on the matter.
Earlier this year, the US withdrew its forces from the Al-Tanf base in southern Syria and the Al-Shaddadi base in the northeast.
The US has maintained a presence in Syria since 2015, supporting an anti-ISIS coalition that includes the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces.
kk/sa
Views: 1